HIGH STANDARD
Model Search
Select Category
HIGH STANDARD
Previous manufacturer located in New Haven, Hamden, and East Hartford, CT. High Standard Mfg. Co was founded in 1926. They purchased Hartford Arms and Equipment Co. in 1932. The original plant was located in New Haven, CT. During WWII, High Standard operated plants in Hew Haven and Hamden. After the war the operations were consolidated in Hamden. In 1968, the company was sold to the Leisure Group, Inc. The Leisure Group sold High Standard to High Standard Inc. in January 1978. A final move was made to East Hartford, CT in 1977 where they remained until the doors closed in late 1984. The author and publisher wish to thank Mr. John J. Stimson, Jr. for the following information in this section of the Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms.

From Blue Book Publications:


No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever, by photograph, mimeograph, fax transmission or any other mechanical or electronic means. Nor can it be broadcast or transmitted, by translation into any language, nor by electronic recording or otherwise, without the express written permission from the publisher.