REMINGTON ARMS CO., INC.
Model Search
Select Category
REMINGTON ARMS CO., INC.
Current manufacturer and trademark established in 1816, with factories currently located in Ilion, NY, Lonoke, AR, Mayfield, KY, and Huntsville, AL. Founded by Eliphalet Remington II and originally located in Litchfield, Herkimer County, NY circa 1816-1828. Remington established a factory in Ilion, NY next to the Erie Canal in 1828, and together with his sons Philo, Samuel, and Eliphalet III pioneered many improvements in firearms manufacture. Corporate offices were moved to Madison, NC in 1996. DuPont owned a controlling interest in Remington from 1933-1993, when the company was sold to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, a New York City based finance company. The Mayfield, KY plant opened in 1997. On May 31st, 2007, a controlling interest in the company was sold to Cerberus Capital. Recently, Remington has acquired Harrington & Richardson Firearms (H & R), and Marlin Firearms. The company has moved manufacturing to their Remington plant in Ilion, New York. Remington management has every intention of keeping all three product identities separate.
During 2013, Remington made significant improvements, including the expansion of its ammunition facility, growth of its firearms manufacturing capacity, secured some competitive military and law enforcement contracts, and introduced a series of new products. In February of 2014, Remington announced a major expansion with new manufacturing to occur at the old Chrylser building in Huntsville, AL. Distributor and dealer sales.
For more information and current pricing on both new and used Remington Arms Co., Inc. firearms, please refer to the Blue Book of Gun Values by S.P. Fjestad (also online).

From Blue Book Publications:


No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever, by photograph, mimeograph, fax transmission or any other mechanical or electronic means. Nor can it be broadcast or transmitted, by translation into any language, nor by electronic recording or otherwise, without the express written permission from the publisher.