LEFEVER, D.M.
Model Search
Select Category
LEFEVER, D.M.
Previous manufacturer circa 1901-1906. Company names and locations have been D.M. Lefever & Sons, Syracuse, NY (1901), D.M. Lefever, Sons & Co., Syracuse, NY (1901-1902), D.M. Lefever Gun Mfg., Defiance, OH (1903-1904), and D.M. Lefever Co., Bowling Green, OH (1905-1906).
"Uncle Dan Lefever" founded the Lefever Arms Co. in 1884. He left the company in 1901 to found the above listed companies. While all were short-lived, the last was dissolved in 1906 the year of his death. Lefever Arms Co. continued manufacturing shotguns until sold to Ithaca Gun Co. in 1916. Ithaca assembled the Lefever gun until circa 1921, when they started building the "Nitro Special".

From Blue Book Publications:


No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever, by photograph, mimeograph, fax transmission or any other mechanical or electronic means. Nor can it be broadcast or transmitted, by translation into any language, nor by electronic recording or otherwise, without the express written permission from the publisher.