The Bern factory assembled approx. 2,240 sniper rifles based on the K31 between 1944-1946 beginning with SN 450001. Earliest rifles had a 1.8 power scope, the latest a 2.8 power scope. As standard rifles were assembled at the same time, sniper rifles have been recorded with serial numbers into the 453XXX range.
Experimental series of about 900 guns, carbines and rifles, numbered sequentially from 1-900 approximately. The first 200 were carbines, the balance rifles. All with fluted receivers with three flutes of unequal length - the longest on the center of the receiver, the shortest off to the side. Also, the bolt locking lug sleeve has three holes, a feature that was deleted in the M1911.
7.5x55 cal., with matching 3.5 power detachable scope, originally issued in matching numbered can. Rifle has a large, integral muzzle brake/flash suppressor and comes with a bipod. Independent serial range 1000-5150.
7.5mm cal., made from 1929 to 1946, assembled with red (scarcest), brown and black grips. Serialed from 50,000-68,500 (approximately). Red grips on the first 7,000 revolvers. Relatively few Commercial M1929s, those earmarked for the Zoll (border patrol) were issued with an unusual Luger-like holster.