Current manufacturer (J. G. Anschütz, GmbH & Co. KG) established in 1856 and currently located in Ulm, Germany. All Anschutz sporting rifles, target/competition/biathlon/air rifles and accessories are currently imported beginning 2014 by Anschutz North America/GSI, located in Trussville, AL. Anschutz North America (ANA) also has an exclusive on the Meister Grade Series, Custom Shop, and specific limited run production models. During 2015, Anschutz created a relationship with RWS and imports the match grade ammunition and pellets direct from the factory. This allows lot testing for individual rifles with the most accurate ammunition performed in a climate controlled 100 meter underground range. Sporting rifles were previously imported by Steyr Arms, Inc. located in Bessemer, AL 2010-2014, previously located in Trussville, AL until 2013. Merkel USA imported Anschutz from 2005-2010, also located in Trussville, AL.
Sporting rifles were imported 1996-2003 by Tristar Sporting Arms, Ltd., located in N. Kansas City, MO. Previously distributed until 2000 by Go Sportsmens Supply, located in Billings, MT. Previously imported and distributed through 1995 in the U.S. by Precision Sales International Inc., located in Westfield, MA.
Anschütz was founded by Julius Gottfried Anschütz in 1856, and located in Zella-Mehlis, Germany until 1945. WWII nearly ended the company. Members of the Anschütz family were evacuated to West Germany after the war, while the company's possesions were expropriated and dismantled. Brothers Max & Rudolf Anschütz, grandsons of Julius, re-established the company in Ulm after WWII. In 1968, Max Anschütz turned over general management to his son Dieter (4th generation), who retired on March 31, 2008. The family business is now managed by Dieter's two sons, Jochen (President) and Uwe.
For more information and current pricing on both new and used Anschütz airguns, please refer to the Blue Book of Airguns - also available as an online subscription.