RUSSIAN SERVICE PISTOLS AND RIFLES

Previously manufactured at various Russian military arsenals (including Tula).

RUSSIAN SERVICE PISTOLS AND RIFLES Models

7.62mm Tokarev cal., modified Colt 1911 design, Petter-type unitized trigger/hammer assembly, 8 shot, 4 1/2 in. barrel, blue finish. Mfg. 1930-1954.
7.62x25mm Tokarev cal., must be stamped by importer, most modified by addition of a thumb safety, Russian Arsenal mfg., previously imported by Century Arms International, Inc. and others. Disc.

7.62x38mmR call., 7 shot, gas-seal revolver designed and produced by Belgian industrialist Léon Nagant for Czarist Russia. The Nagant M1895 was chambered for a proprietary cartridge, 7.62x38mmR, and featured an unusual "gas-seal" system, in which the cylinder moved forward when the hammer was cocked, to close the gap between the cylinder and the barrel, providing a boost to the muzzle velocity of the bullet and allowing the weapon to be suppressed. Both single action and double action variants were produced initially, with production standardizing on the double action model in the 1920s. Total production from 1896-1945 was approximately 2.6 million. Initially produced in Liege, it was subsequently produced at Tula, and also from 1944-1945 at Izhevsk. After 1937, serial numbers were prefixed with letters to hide the total number produced. It was also produced illegally in Poland from 1929-1935 by Radom as the Rewolwer Nagant wz. 30. The only major variant is the Commander' Model or Shortened Model Nagant Revolver, also known as the "NKVD" or "GRU" variant by collectors. This was a reduced size version of the standard M1895 revolver. These revolvers differ externally from the standard revolver by having a shorter barrel and a shortened grip. The barrel is shortened to 85mm instead of the standard 115mm.
9mm Makarov (9x18mm) cal., 8 shot mag. double action, 3.7 in. barrel, mfg. circa 1952, standard Russian Service pistol 1957-2003.
5.45x18mm Soviet cal., based on the Walther PPK design, with steel penetrator cored bullet designed to defeat Kevlar body armor, usually found with thin brown holster and extra mag., configurations include: military with black anodized aluminum grips, and the commercial with grey ribbed plastic grips.
7.62x54R cal., SVT-38 was the first Russian military semi-auto in large scale service, supplanting the select-fire AVS-36. Produced from 1939-1940, it was replaced by the SVT-40. The SVT-38 is distinguishable by its cleaning rod inserted into the right side of the stock. The SVT-40 is the more common variation, while the SVT-38 is rarer. The SVT-40 was produced from 1940-1945, with sniper variants being produced in 1941 and 1942. Beware of fake snipers, which are far more common than legitimate examples. Both rifles utilized a 10 shot magazine and were intended to be loaded via stripper clips. Both rifles were produced by Tula, Izhevsk, and Podolsk. Large quantities were manufactured during World War II but original surviving specimens in excellent condition are now very scarce. Examples are typically found either refurbished and imported by CDI Swan, or earlier non-marked imports with Finnish property marks. Veteran bring back examples exist but are nearly impossible to verify without paperwork.
7.62x54R, 5 round non-detachable mag., loaded individually or with 5 round stripper clips, 51 1/2 in. OAL. Manufactured by Chatellerault (1892-1895), Tula (1891-1926), Izhevsk (1891-1920), Sestroryetsk (1892-1919), Remington (1916-1918), and New England Westinghouse (1916-1918). In Russian service it was referred to as the "3-line rifle M1891". The M1891 was used widely in WWI and can be found with marks from many different countries (purchased or captured). By the outbreak of WWII, the M1891 was relegated to second-line status, with the Finnish Army being a notable exception. All M1891 rifles were built on hexagonal receivers.
7.62x54R, 5 round non-detachable mag., loaded individually or with 5 round striper clips, 48 1/2 in. OAL. Manufactured by Tula (1930-1944) and Izhevsk (1930-1947). In 1926, production of the 1891 rifle ceased, production was consolidated on the shorter Dragoon variant. In 1930, further changes to the Dragoon were implemented and resulted in the "7.62mm rifle, Model of the Year 1891-30" rifle, ordinarily known in the U.S. as the M1891/30 or M91/30. Notable changes included a globe and post front sight design, and the tangent rear sight pattern. The hexagonal receiver was phased out and replaced with the simplified round receivers at Izhevsk and Tula (1935-1936). Many rifles dated prior to 1930 are found in M91/30 configuration but retain the original markings on the barrel shank with dates prior to 1930. These were upgraded in Soviet arsenals and are known among collectors as "ex-dragoons". The end of WWII would see the curtailment of M91/30 production in the Soviet Union. Notable outliers include small postwar Hungarian, Romanian, and Albanian production. Additionally, the Finns rebuilt approximately 20,000 M91/30s with domestic stocks and barrels made by Tikkakoski. The M91/30 is common and is generally the least expensive of all Mosin-Nagant variations. Disc.
7.62x39mm cal., converted from belt fed full auto to semi-auto only, fired from closed bolt, milled receiver, includes 100 shot belt inside drum. Built from kits with DSA and Project Guns receivers. Russian and Polish variants are most commonly encountered. Recent importation.