Current trademark managed and operated by John Dickson and Son, located in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Thomas Mortimer was the scion of a famed London gun-making family, H & T Mortimer, established in 1755 on Fleet Street. In 1835, Thomas came to Edinburgh to set up on Princess Street and the business merged with John Dickson and Son in 1938. Currently, the business is managed and operated by John Dickson and Son. Although no new guns or rifles are currently produced under the Mortimer name, a full repair, restoration, and record enquiry service are offered for classic Mortimer guns and rifles.